It’s surprisingly easy to drive a thousand miles from Montgomery, Texas to Columbia, South Carolina. Two days on the road with a nine-hour break in a comfy motel bed. The roads are good but we share them with many travelers who join us in driving from here to there to wherever. Truck drivers pulling heavy loads remind me of the burdens I’ve carried for many years so I like to see the eighteen-wheelers as they struggle to make a hill but cruise on down the road once they reach the crest. I feel I’ve reached the top of an incredibly high hill in my life at this moment and can finally begin to coast on the other side. The responsibilities and pressures I’ve owned for so long are pieces falling from my truck bed into ditches along the way. They fly out and float and vanish as they hit the ground.
After watching her ailing parents drain their entire life savings to pay for prescriptions, Carolyn is a vocal advocate for health care reform. In 2020 she defeated MAGA conspiracy theorist and flipped the only seat from red to blue in the country. Help Carolyn keep Georgia Blue in 2022.
Ella has a firm grip on the color blue
IF YOU WANT MORE
- lesbian jungle
- is new Stop Sign a sign for me?
- two thumbs up from Pretty
- us open: a time to remember, a time to look forward
- time’s up: share the wealth
- VAMOS! Oh, to be 18 again
- this is how Pretty rolls
- call for the Captain ashore, let me go home
- a time to lose too much
- Tina and Elvis
- The Ides of August – Excerpts from an Essay by Sarah Chayes
- it’s been so long since I’ve had pancakes I forgot the syrup
- Afghanistan: US Having Two Debates by Molly Ivins (October 17, 2001)
- when maya angelou speaks, I listen
- Answer: 300 Million Dollars a Day (from the archives)
- 78,881 hits