Join 2,001 other followers
In this house we Stand with Ukraine
IF YOU WANT MORE
- what’s scarier? Halloween or the MID-TERMS?
- who’s (what’s) to blame for microwave disaster?
- changing of the guard in Queens (New York, that is)
- Eloise Robinson Powell was a woman of substance
- setting boundaries with Molly
- Serena Wins!
- 2022: the Year in Review (well, so far)
- Dimples, Butch, Buttercup, Sissy… Sissy?
- if you’re a lesbian on the back side of thirty, the short side of time – speak now or forever hold your regret
- Pretty’s advice to her younger self
- Carport Kitty is our Guard Cat
- I dreamed that the Great Judgment Morning had dawned, but was it just a dream?
- from antiques to basketball via the Seminole Trail
- have you ever met a frog whisperer?
- Carport Kitty keeping cool – wherever
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Category Archives: Humor
Do you have our Boo at the Zoo tickets yet? Pretty called to me from her chair in the den last night while I struggled to catch up on a sea of emails in my office.This past weekend was Laver … Continue reading
Plenty of blame to go around, of course. (1) no alarm clock in our house that we can figure out how to work except microwave timer (2) the Covid test kit with exactly 15 second nose swabs and then (3) … Continue reading
Family times on our screened porch this summer have been far and few between, as my cousin Martin used to say, but Labor Day weekend Number One Son Drew brought his two daughters almost 3 year old Ella and 7 … Continue reading
Let’s rap. Two thousand twenty-two, I’m worried now ’bout you. You’re two-thirds done and not too fun. so where the heck have you gone? (rhythm band in background doing their best to find one) A new war in Ukraine with … Continue reading
Whenever someone asks me what I’m writing, I feel a fleeting twinge of guilty laziness for saying I continue to blog – no new book of essays, no great American novel, no legacy book for my granddaughters. This is me … Continue reading
“If you could go back to that 34 year old attorney from Vermont beginning the first of 48 years as a United States Senator, would you have any advice for him?” asked Robert Costa during his CBS Sunday Morning interview … Continue reading
For her many fans who ask, Carport Kitty has survived the summer heat in South Carolina to mark her one year stay with us on our carport. She continues to stand with the people of Ukraine every day of her … Continue reading
US highway 29 a/k/a Seminole Trail in parts of Virginia – antiques galore for Pretty to explore Pretty and me leaving Jefferson’s Monticello (photo by Susan Moore-Cooke) Pretty in DC at Old Ebbitt Grill established in 1856 While Pretty collects … Continue reading