IF YOU WANT MORE
- Molly, Molly, how do I love thee?
- prejudice by any other name is still prejudice
- a man of letters (8) – combat! January, 1945
- BJU and Me: Queer Voices from the World’s Most Christian University
- never play this game after midnight
- it’s a simple matter of justice – remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- weekend specials popular at the Cardinal Cat Cafe
- the hideout – revisited on Friday the 13th., 2023
- Cardinal Cat Cafe
- 1/6 two year anniversary
- Bervin’s grandmother’s advice to K McCarthy
- human frailty, mendacity, and George Santos – plus pink boxing gloves
- last train from Gun Hill – and Ukraine
- twas the week before Christmas…
- I hope you dance
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Category Archives: Humor
Last night I had a conversation with my cousin Gaylen (son of Ray) who lives near the area demolished by a large tornado that swept south of Houston, Texas yesterday. Thankfully Gaylen and his family escaped damage, but I was … Continue reading
In the summer of 2018, I published a series of letters my dad wrote during his life. I hadn’t read them since then, but sometimes the war in Europe jars my memories to an earlier war known as World War … Continue reading
If you only had two words to describe me, what would they be? I asked Pretty night before last when we were in bed and both still awake after midnight. The Australian Open began this week – the first Grand … Continue reading
excuse me, I’m new here, but are the specials usually this popular? ********************* Yes, they’re as popular as popcorn at the Gator Bowl. our three year old granddaughter Ella at her first football game!
On Friday the 13th. of July, 2018, I posted this piece. Time passes, moments are fleeting, but these thoughts hang around while the wind blows a winter’s chill that moves the tall naked sticks that once were trees outside my … Continue reading
“Hey, come look in the carport. You have a visitor – it’s a new cat I don’t recognize, and it’s sitting next to the food bowls. Come see if this cat is one of your regulars at the Cat Cafe,” … Continue reading
and all through the house just one creature was stirring, for sure not a mouse. The colorful papers were wrapped into shape by Pretty whose hands never made a mistake. Her gifts were bought with the greatest of care throughout … Continue reading
the Pride flag and the broom Last week I saw our 3 year old granddaughter Ella trying her best to strike our Pride flag with a broom she found in the back yard. I watched as she struggled to swing … Continue reading
Before you ask yourself whether you’ve read this story before, I can say possibly – it’s a seasonal favorite of mine. This year my good friend Ed Madden’s annual holiday letter included a fabulous vintage Christmas card of a boxing … Continue reading