CONGRESSMAN JOHN LEWIS (1940 – 2020)
“HISTORY TELLS US THAT WE MUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP. THAT WE MUST NEVER EVER GIVE IN OR GIVE OUT. THAT WE MUST NOT GET LOST IN A SEA OF DESPAIR. THAT WE MUST ALL KEEP THE FAITH. THAT WE MUST KEEP OUR EYES ON THE PRIZE.”
IF YOU WANT MORE
- when sorrows come, they come not single spies
- nero fiddled while Rome burned, but who set the fire?
- second chances anyone?
- the good name of John Lewis, American patriot
- who has a secret?
- the horse you draw is the one you’ll ride
- our community lost a fighter who was also a good friend
- i heard dave chappelle say shut up, white women. was he talking to me?
- where am I now that I need me? why Peachtree Rock, of course!
- summertime and the living is, uh, not quite so easy as we’d thought originally
- have you heard the one about…
- from tinkering to transformation: the intersection of equal justice under the law
- a moment’s pause from the madness – enjoy!
- I can’t breathe
- notes of two native daughters, a native granddaughter, and a native daughter-in-law
I’M HOLDING THE FUTURE
- 63,861 hits
Category Archives: sports
Back in the days when I played more golf than I should have, I learned about mulligans. Mulligans are a variation of second chances. If you hit a shot with your driver off the tee on any one hole … Continue reading
I have a secret to tell you about the power of the vote, but all you care about is pulling my hair. Oh, well. Maybe later. Pretty and I were talking about our nine months old granddaughter Ella James yesterday … Continue reading
I originally published this post on December 28, 2013. While I had this conversation with one of my first cousins in Texas after Christmas six years ago, I found his words strangely spoke to me today as a spike in … Continue reading
Nigel M Mahaffey, Jr. (August 07, 1959 – June 25, 2020) (photo from Linked In) The obituary for this friend began “Nigel loved life and was one of the most joyful people to grace this earth.” I couldn’t agree more. … Continue reading
In Dave Chappelle’s concert “8:46” he opens by thanking young protesters in the streets today – carry on, young ones, he says. You’re good drivers, I’m comfortable riding in the back seat. I so got that comment. When I watch … Continue reading
As monuments fall to the ground around us, I was reminded of my love for Peachtree Rock which bit the dust in December of 2013 due to erosion, storms and visitors’ carvings after millions of years of natural life. Named … Continue reading
I asked Pretty to join me on our screened porch last night a little after 9 o’clock. Pretty who had had a stressful day putting out fires she didn’t start, didn’t hesitate. Ok, she said as she began to move … Continue reading
Webster’s Thesaurus defines moral as “ethical, or right and wrong, or proper conduct, personal. Ethical, right, proper, virtuous, just fair, aboveboard; pure, honest, high-minded, saintly…” Democracy is defined in the same dictionary as “government by the people, representative government; state … Continue reading
Protest in Red Bank, South Carolina, USA on June 02, 2020 WISTV.com If all lives matter, then why are you not OUTRAGED by Americans being murdered, tear gassed and arrested for peaceful protests? (sign held by woman in the … Continue reading
Once upon a time your NanaT visited a faraway place called Greece, and she loved that place very much. One night she was going out to eat the yummy Greek food with your NanaSlo and their friends because the … Continue reading