After watching her ailing parents drain their entire life savings to pay for prescriptions, Carolyn is a vocal advocate for health care reform. In 2020 she defeated MAGA conspiracy theorist and flipped the only seat from red to blue in the country. Help Carolyn keep Georgia Blue in 2022.
Ella has a firm grip on the color blue
IF YOU WANT MORE
- is new Stop Sign a sign for me?
- two thumbs up from Pretty
- us open: a time to remember, a time to look forward
- time’s up: share the wealth
- VAMOS! Oh, to be 18 again
- this is how Pretty rolls
- call for the Captain ashore, let me go home
- a time to lose too much
- Tina and Elvis
- The Ides of August – Excerpts from an Essay by Sarah Chayes
- it’s been so long since I’ve had pancakes I forgot the syrup
- Afghanistan: US Having Two Debates by Molly Ivins (October 17, 2001)
- when maya angelou speaks, I listen
- Answer: 300 Million Dollars a Day (from the archives)
- Back to School! Back to School?
- 78,781 hits
Tag Archives: dementia
She sat in her large recliner covered with worn blankets for extra warmth. She was shrunken with age and her spine was so curved by scoliosis she slumped down into the bowels of the chair. It seemed to swallow … Continue reading
Ten years ago this Easter my mother was in a secured memory care unit of the Atria Westchase assisted living complex in Houston, Texas. Pretty and I had just bought a second home in Montgomery, Texas so I could be … Continue reading
In 2007 Pretty and I had to make a life-changing decision for my mother Selma because she was unable to make decisions for herself anymore. Like many other Baby Boomers, I was responsible for my mother’s care; I moved her … Continue reading
IMAGES She sits in her large recliner that is covered with worn blankets for extra warmth. She is shrunken with age and her spine is so curved by scoliosis she slumps down into the bowels of the chair. It seems … Continue reading