“I WISH IT NEED NOT HAVE HAPPENED IN MY TIME,” SAID FRODO.
“SO DO I,” SAID GANDOLF, “AND SO DO ALL WHO LIVE TO SEE SUCH TIMES. BUT THAT IS NOT FOR THEM TO DECIDE. ALL WE HAVE TO DECIDE IS WHAT TO DO WITH THE TIME THAT IS GIVEN US.”
J.R.R. TOLKIEN, THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
IF YOU WANT MORE
- the horse you draw is the one you’ll ride
- our community lost a fighter who was also a good friend
- i heard dave chappelle say shut up, white women. was he talking to me?
- where am I now that I need me? why Peachtree Rock, of course!
- summertime and the living is, uh, not quite so easy as we’d thought originally
- have you heard the one about…
- from tinkering to transformation: the intersection of equal justice under the law
- a moment’s pause from the madness – enjoy!
- I can’t breathe
- notes of two native daughters, a native granddaughter, and a native daughter-in-law
- STOP KILLING US – a peaceful protest in Red Bank, South Carolina
- the murder of George Floyd in america – anger, fear, hatred, uprising
- how did Stella really get her groove back?
- a man of letters – prejudice by any other name is still prejudice
- Ella James, today is your NanaT’s birthday, and you are her greatest gift…
I’M HOLDING THE FUTURE
- 62,952 hits
Tag Archives: president Jimmy carter
Following the shady corruption of power in the Nixon administration, the American people were ready for a newcomer outside the beltway of Washington, D. C. In walked Georgia Governor Jimmy Carter, a peanut farmer from Plains, who was a Sunday School teacher in … Continue reading
I had a very sweet Happy Birthday message today on my Columbia High Class of 1964 message board from one of my boyfriends who I noticed had sent me birthday greetings for the past 3 years on this website which … Continue reading
Two possibilities exist to explain how any road trip from Auburn, Alabama to Gainesville, Florida passes through the tiny (pop. 683) town of Plains, Georgia: (a) you are way lost or (b) you really want to go there. For Pretty … Continue reading