IF YOU WANT MORE
- Thanksgiving Dinner with Pretty – 2022
- where did I put that memory? ask Pretty
- thanksgiving is relative
- Grade for Republicans in Midterms: D
- gimme a break – no, seriously – time out?
- the ONE thing you’ve got going: your ONE vote – Shirley Chisholm (1924 – 2005)
- what is really on the line November 8th?
- the Urban Legend we called Carport Kitty was a Seeker
- Boo at the Zoo in 2022
- what do Tanya Tucker, Brandi Carlisle, Lizzo and Selena Gomez have to do with the 2022 mid-term elections?
- Zan, Zendegi, Azadi (Women, Life, Freedom)
- we must never come to this store again
- yesterday and today juxtaposed
- Rooted and Winged – poems by Luanne Castle
- Carport Kitty and the hurricane
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Category Archives: Personal
Once upon a time somewhere along the supply chain for my bupropion med which I have taken for years to treat free-floating anxiety (that turned into specific anxiety during the Agent Orange previous administration in the USA), well, this med … Continue reading
One of my favorite quotes as a septuagenarian is “we must have old memories and young hopes.” Catchy, right? Sigh. I have a revision. Check it out: we must have new memories and reclaim old hopes. Yesterday’s new memories with … Continue reading
Unbelievably Pretty and I didn’t lose power during the winds and rain of Hurricane Ian as it passed through our neighborhood two days ago. I held my breath and feared the worst: I wouldn’t be able to finish the Sidney … Continue reading
Carport Kitty settled on a mat at the bottom of our kitchen steps to weather the disastrous Hurricane Ian this week – our home in West Columbia, South Carolina was spared the devastation our neighbors in the low country of … Continue reading
Do you have our Boo at the Zoo tickets yet? Pretty called to me from her chair in the den last night while I struggled to catch up on a sea of emails in my office.This past weekend was Laver … Continue reading
Plenty of blame to go around, of course. (1) no alarm clock in our house that we can figure out how to work except microwave timer (2) the Covid test kit with exactly 15 second nose swabs and then (3) … Continue reading
As Serena Williams said in her farewell on-court interview following her loss this year in the US Open, there would be no Serena if it weren’t for her sister Venus. Tennis fans who have followed the professional tennis world for … Continue reading
“Eloise Powell was a very special person, she was successful in every aspect of life, and she was a Godly woman who loved her family with every ounce of her being.” ——– from obituary September 06, 2022 My daddy Glenn … Continue reading