IF YOU WANT MORE
- you old storyteller, you
- USA TODAY 2023 Women of the Year South Carolina Honoree: Dawn Staley
- Equal Pay Day 2023
- everything, everywhere all at once – Cardinal style
- ode to the Old Woman in the Shoe
- why I called it like I see it – yes, but are you still lazy?
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
- March Madness starts Women’s History Month for Pretty and me
- the good name of John Lewis, American patriot
- mind over memory
- in the beginning was the Tower
- Valentine’s Day murder at local grocery store called senseless
- a letter to our granddaughters about love
- waiting on the next thing smoking
- cool at the zoo
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: 1947 report to secure these rights
this country doesn’t love us back
“There are other cases… of officers who seem to be ‘trigger happy.’ In a number of instances, Negroes have been shot, supposedly in self-defense, under circumstances indicating, at best, unsatisfactory police work…and at worst, a callous willingness to kill.” (Excerpt … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, politics, racism, Reflections, sexism, Slice of Life, sports, The Way Life Is Tagged 1947 report to secure these rights, breonna taylor, covid-19 pandemic, doc rivers, eric garner, freddie gray, george floyd, harry truman, hurricane laura, jacob blake, michael brown, naomi osaka, police brutality, rayshard brooks, samuel dubose, senator kamala harris, tamir rice, terrence sterling, trayvon martin, walter scott, wildfires in california 6 Comments