“I WISH IT NEED NOT HAVE HAPPENED IN MY TIME,” SAID FRODO.
“SO DO I,” SAID GANDOLF, “AND SO DO ALL WHO LIVE TO SEE SUCH TIMES. BUT THAT IS NOT FOR THEM TO DECIDE. ALL WE HAVE TO DECIDE IS WHAT TO DO WITH THE TIME THAT IS GIVEN US.”
J.R.R. TOLKIEN, THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
IF YOU WANT MORE
- the horse you draw is the one you’ll ride
- our community lost a fighter who was also a good friend
- i heard dave chappelle say shut up, white women. was he talking to me?
- where am I now that I need me? why Peachtree Rock, of course!
- summertime and the living is, uh, not quite so easy as we’d thought originally
- have you heard the one about…
- from tinkering to transformation: the intersection of equal justice under the law
- a moment’s pause from the madness – enjoy!
- I can’t breathe
- notes of two native daughters, a native granddaughter, and a native daughter-in-law
- STOP KILLING US – a peaceful protest in Red Bank, South Carolina
- the murder of George Floyd in america – anger, fear, hatred, uprising
- how did Stella really get her groove back?
- a man of letters – prejudice by any other name is still prejudice
- Ella James, today is your NanaT’s birthday, and you are her greatest gift…
I’M HOLDING THE FUTURE
- 62,963 hits
Tag Archives: 1993 March on Washington
1993 March on Washington for LGBT Equality Twenty-seven years ago this April I marched with the South Carolina delegation in the 1993 March on Washington. It was a life-changing experience not only for me but for hundreds of thousands of … Continue reading
I Wonder if Columbus Kept a Journal (chapter one from Four Ticket Ride) In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue. Five hundred years later in 1992 the maiden voyage of the Space Shuttle Endeavor began when the spacecraft was launched … Continue reading
This week marks the one-year anniversary of the massacre of 49 members of the lgbtq community in Orlando at the Pulse night club. We all remember and will stand with the people of Orlando who refuse to allow this tragedy … Continue reading