After watching her ailing parents drain their entire life savings to pay for prescriptions, Carolyn is a vocal advocate for health care reform. In 2020 she defeated MAGA conspiracy theorist and flipped the only seat from red to blue in the country. Help Carolyn keep Georgia Blue in 2022.
Ella has a firm grip on the color blue
IF YOU WANT MORE
- is new Stop Sign a sign for me?
- two thumbs up from Pretty
- us open: a time to remember, a time to look forward
- time’s up: share the wealth
- VAMOS! Oh, to be 18 again
- this is how Pretty rolls
- call for the Captain ashore, let me go home
- a time to lose too much
- Tina and Elvis
- The Ides of August – Excerpts from an Essay by Sarah Chayes
- it’s been so long since I’ve had pancakes I forgot the syrup
- Afghanistan: US Having Two Debates by Molly Ivins (October 17, 2001)
- when maya angelou speaks, I listen
- Answer: 300 Million Dollars a Day (from the archives)
- Back to School! Back to School?
- 78,785 hits
Tag Archives: 1993 March on Washington
June is our official LGBTQ Pride Month, and I’m resurrecting this post from May, 2014 to honor a man whose life – and death – continues to speak to us through his celebrated legacy. Lest we forget… Today, May 22, … Continue reading
1993 March on Washington for LGBT Equality Twenty-seven years ago this April I marched with the South Carolina delegation in the 1993 March on Washington. It was a life-changing experience not only for me but for hundreds of thousands of … Continue reading
I Wonder if Columbus Kept a Journal (chapter one from Four Ticket Ride) In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue. Five hundred years later in 1992 the maiden voyage of the Space Shuttle Endeavor began when the spacecraft was launched … Continue reading
This week marks the one-year anniversary of the massacre of 49 members of the lgbtq community in Orlando at the Pulse night club. We all remember and will stand with the people of Orlando who refuse to allow this tragedy … Continue reading