IF YOU WANT MORE
- 1969 – Not Every “L” Knew She Was Being Liberated (from Not Quite the Same)
- Sleepless in Seattle – Part 3 (from Not Quite the Same)
- Sleepless in Seattle – Part 2 (from Not Quite the Same)
- Sleepless in Seattle – Part 1 (from Not Quite the Same)
- Sheila Gets a Shave (from Deep in the Heart)
- find your happy place
- memory makers over Memorial Day
- I will be missing you, Tina Turner
- Calling All Lesbians – Time to Speak Out!
- Nana, is your birthday over yet?
- Prologue to I’ll Call It Like I See It Revisited
- Economics 101 Revisited
- Epilogue For Deep in the Heart Revisited
- and then there were these Mother’s Day Moments in 2023
- making fudge with my mother
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: 2020 election
yep – this is who we are
The images flashing across the television screen this week were appalling but compelling. I couldn’t look away, even when I didn’t want to see, much less believe, what was happening in my nation’s capitol. An estimated 10,000 of mostly white … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, politics, racism, Reflections, sexism, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged 2020 election, covid pandemic, humpty dumpty trumpty, insurrection of 2021, joe biden, kamala harris, phone call to georgia sec of state, results of election, white nationalists 11 Comments
cross over the bridge
In June, 2015 two separate events captured the attention of not only the United States but also countries on other continents. Yes, indeed. We were part of the good, the bad and the very ugly. I wrote this piece the … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, politics, racism, Random, Reflections, sexism, Slice of Life, sports, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged 2020 election, black lives matter, confederate flag removed in South Carolina, covid 19, cross over the bridge, death of George Floyd, Emanuel Nine, gay men's chorus, impeached president voted out, john lewis and elijah cummings, Patti Page, President Barak Obama, Reverend Clementa Pinckney, same sex marriage approved by supreme court 2 Comments
Ella James is unhappy
Vote!!! Continue reading
you are out of your lane
“There will be a resistance to your ambition. There will be people who say to you, ‘You are out of your lane,’ because they are burdened by only having the capacity to see what has always been instead of what … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, politics, racism, Reflections, sexism, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is Tagged 1984 presidential election, 2016 presidential election, 2020 election, asylum seekers, black lives matter, former vice president joe biden, geraldine ferraro, Hillary Clinton, inflection point, refugees, senator kamala harris, walter mondale 10 Comments