IF YOU WANT MORE
- Sleepless in Seattle – Part 1 (from Not Quite the Same)
- Sheila Gets a Shave (from Deep in the Heart)
- find your happy place
- memory makers over Memorial Day
- I will be missing you, Tina Turner
- Calling All Lesbians – Time to Speak Out!
- Nana, is your birthday over yet?
- Prologue to I’ll Call It Like I See It Revisited
- Economics 101 Revisited
- Epilogue For Deep in the Heart Revisited
- and then there were these Mother’s Day Moments in 2023
- making fudge with my mother
- if not us, who? if not now, when?
- guns over children? american carnage
- the eyes of texas – and the rest of the world – are upon you
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: 2022 us open
changing of the guard in Queens (New York, that is)
As Serena Williams said in her farewell on-court interview following her loss this year in the US Open, there would be no Serena if it weren’t for her sister Venus. Tennis fans who have followed the professional tennis world for … Continue reading
Posted in Life, Personal, photography, Reflections, Slice of Life, sports, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged 2022 us open, arthur ashe stadium, carlos alcaraz, casper ruud, caty mcnally, coco gauff, iga swiatek, naomi osaka, novak djokovic, pretty, rafa nadal, roger federer, serena williams, taylor townsend, the williams sisters, venus williams 2 Comments
Jumping for joy following her win, Serena Williams flashes the multi-million dollar smile toward the stands overflowing with fans who are thrilled to have tickets to witness the historic match. US Open 2022 at Ashe Stadium in New York City? … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Personal, racism, sexism, Slice of Life, sports, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged 2014 miami masters, 2022 us open, li na, serena williams 7 Comments