IF YOU WANT MORE
- find your happy place
- memory makers over Memorial Day
- I will be missing you, Tina Turner
- Calling All Lesbians – Time to Speak Out!
- Nana, is your birthday over yet?
- Prologue to I’ll Call It Like I See It Revisited
- Economics 101 Revisited
- Epilogue For Deep in the Heart Revisited
- and then there were these Mother’s Day Moments in 2023
- making fudge with my mother
- if not us, who? if not now, when?
- guns over children? american carnage
- the eyes of texas – and the rest of the world – are upon you
- one final birthday card – and gift
- you can cage the singer, but not the song – Harry Belafonte (1927 – 2023)
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: charlie daniels
the devil went down to Georgia? yeah, but he ended up in Florida
“The devil went down to Georgia, he was lookin’ for a soul to steal he was in a bind ’cause he was way behind and he was willin’ to make a deal” No disrespect to the lyrics of this popular … Continue reading
winter solstice, the great conjunction and k.t. oslin
Last night Pretty came home from a trip to the upstate, sat in her favorite chair, started peeling shrimp from the low country for supper and mentioned we needed to be sure to go outside to view the Great Conjunction … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, politics, Reflections, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged charley pride, charlie daniels, christmas carols, covid-19, do ya?, elvis's grandson, great conjunction, joe diffie, john prine, k t oslin, kenny rogers, little richard, pandemic, winter solstice 2 Comments
Suzanne (Part I)
Suzanne takes you down to her place near the river You can hear the boats go by, you can stay the night beside her And you know that she’s half-crazy, but that’s why you want to be there. And just when you … Continue reading
Posted in Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, Random, Reflections, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is Tagged 60s Beat Poets, charlie daniels, judy collins, leonard cohen, suzanne, suzanne verdal 18 Comments