“I WISH IT NEED NOT HAVE HAPPENED IN MY TIME,” SAID FRODO.
“SO DO I,” SAID GANDOLF, “AND SO DO ALL WHO LIVE TO SEE SUCH TIMES. BUT THAT IS NOT FOR THEM TO DECIDE. ALL WE HAVE TO DECIDE IS WHAT TO DO WITH THE TIME THAT IS GIVEN US.”
J.R.R. TOLKIEN, THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
IF YOU WANT MORE
- the horse you draw is the one you’ll ride
- our community lost a fighter who was also a good friend
- i heard dave chappelle say shut up, white women. was he talking to me?
- where am I now that I need me? why Peachtree Rock, of course!
- summertime and the living is, uh, not quite so easy as we’d thought originally
- have you heard the one about…
- from tinkering to transformation: the intersection of equal justice under the law
- a moment’s pause from the madness – enjoy!
- I can’t breathe
- notes of two native daughters, a native granddaughter, and a native daughter-in-law
- STOP KILLING US – a peaceful protest in Red Bank, South Carolina
- the murder of George Floyd in america – anger, fear, hatred, uprising
- how did Stella really get her groove back?
- a man of letters – prejudice by any other name is still prejudice
- Ella James, today is your NanaT’s birthday, and you are her greatest gift…
I’M HOLDING THE FUTURE
- 62,968 hits
Tag Archives: Christmas
Christmas memories seem strange on Good Friday, but then the mind often ignores time or at least is able to reconstruct its meandering corridors to bring buried secrets to the surface of consciousness. One of my favorite Christmas gifts when … Continue reading
The image I’ve used as the header for my blog during December this year is a picture that Number One Son took of his mother and me in our very first home at our very first Christmas together in December, … Continue reading
“Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer” Nope. Don’t think so,Will. At least not at Casa de Canterbury on this Sunday morning which is one of the last Sundays we’ll be in our casa before moving across … Continue reading