HOW WILL HISTORY RECORD 2020?
“WE CAN CHANGE THE NARRATIVE OF HISTORY BY CHANGING THE NARRATORS.”
DR. WILLIAM J. BARBER II, CO-FOUNDER OF THE POOR PEOPLE’S CAMPAIGN
IF YOU WANT MORE
- your protection has expired
- black women called “Mayor” from sea to shining sea
- breaking news: interview with a Mushy Middler
- Pride Day at the 2020 US Open!
- this country doesn’t love us back
- families first
- you are out of your lane
- the woman that changed my musical life
- when sorrows come, they come not single spies
- nero fiddled while Rome burned, but who set the fire?
- second chances anyone?
- the good name of John Lewis, American patriot
- who has a secret?
- the horse you draw is the one you’ll ride
- our community lost a fighter who was also a good friend
MY TWO BEST GIRLS: PRETTY & OUR GRANDDAUGHTER ELLA
- 65,853 hits
Tag Archives: emmylou harris
On January 24, 2015 I wrote this post about female country music singer Dolly Parton – a woman I admire for more than just her music. During the intervening five years, Dolly and her cohort (of which I am one) … Continue reading
When I was a little tomboy growing up in Grimes County, Texas, which was one of the poorest counties in the rural southeastern Piney Woods side of the state, my dad’s brother, my Uncle Ray who lived in the big … Continue reading