RACHEL CARSON (ENVIRONMENTAL ACTIVIST) ON WONDER
“If I had influence with the good fairy who is supposed to preside over the christening of all children I should ask that her gift to each child in the world be a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last throughout life, as an unfailing antidote against the boredom and disenchantment of later years, the sterile preoccupation with things that are artificial, the alienation from the sources of our strength.”
IF YOU WANT MORE
- the woman that changed my musical life
- when sorrows come, they come not single spies
- nero fiddled while Rome burned, but who set the fire?
- second chances anyone?
- the good name of John Lewis, American patriot
- who has a secret?
- the horse you draw is the one you’ll ride
- our community lost a fighter who was also a good friend
- i heard dave chappelle say shut up, white women. was he talking to me?
- where am I now that I need me? why Peachtree Rock, of course!
- summertime and the living is, uh, not quite so easy as we’d thought originally
- have you heard the one about…
- from tinkering to transformation: the intersection of equal justice under the law
- a moment’s pause from the madness – enjoy!
- I can’t breathe
MY TWO BEST GIRLS: PRETTY & OUR GRANDDAUGHTER ELLA
- 64,142 hits
Tag Archives: equal justice initiative
Two years ago Pretty planned a trip for us and two other family members who live in Texas to visit the newly opened Legacy Museum in Montgomery, Alabama plus several other historical sites related to the Civil Rights movement of … Continue reading
This quotation from Maya Angelou is written on the walls of what is now The Legacy Museum: From Enslavement to Mass Incarceration located on the site of a former warehouse where slaves were kept in prison while awaiting their fate … Continue reading