IF YOU WANT MORE
- 1969 – Not Every “L” Knew She Was Being Liberated (from Not Quite the Same)
- Sleepless in Seattle – Part 3 (from Not Quite the Same)
- Sleepless in Seattle – Part 2 (from Not Quite the Same)
- Sleepless in Seattle – Part 1 (from Not Quite the Same)
- Sheila Gets a Shave (from Deep in the Heart)
- find your happy place
- memory makers over Memorial Day
- I will be missing you, Tina Turner
- Calling All Lesbians – Time to Speak Out!
- Nana, is your birthday over yet?
- Prologue to I’ll Call It Like I See It Revisited
- Economics 101 Revisited
- Epilogue For Deep in the Heart Revisited
- and then there were these Mother’s Day Moments in 2023
- making fudge with my mother
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: granddaughters
and then there were these Mother’s Day Moments in 2023
Number One Son Drew and Pretty Too Caroline along with their daughters Ella and Molly treated Pretty a/k/a Nana and me a/k/a Naynay to a Mother’s Day brunch Saturday at the Luzianna Purchase restaurant in Irmo, the second year in … Continue reading
Molly, Molly, how do I love thee?
Happy Birthday to our granddaughter Molly Iris who is now one year old! (maternal grandmother Gigi laughs at Molly’s first cake experience) visiting pup Riley happy to make the party – but what’s up with no cake? Molly and her … Continue reading
Thanksgiving Dinner with Pretty – 2022
“Do these need to be cooked, like really cooked?” Pretty asked as she took the three large catering size aluminum pans from our fridge Thanksgiving afternoon. She placed the pans on top of our stove – they were so big … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Humor, Life, Personal, Random, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged aunts darlene and dawne, dressing, Friendsgiving, granddaughters, gravy, Little Mountain Antiques, little mountain cafe, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, Thanksgiving feasts 11 Comments
kids say the darndest things (part 2)…
For example, this conversation took place between Naynay (the name my granddaughter gave me) and our almost three year old granddaughter Ella near the end of a two hour ride in the Grannymobile on our way this past May to … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, Random, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged babysitting granddaughters, blue ridge mountains, concerns with environment, going to camp to pick up children, granddaughters, pretty, splashing in puddles 11 Comments
Ella’s baby sister is here!
Ella holds Molly while Pretty and I swoon over them Molly Iris James was born Wednesday, January 26th., at 1:42 p.m. She weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. and is 20.4 inches long. Ella loves her “Lolly.” Pretty and I love … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Humor, Life, Personal, photography, Reflections, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged ella, granddaughters, molly, new baby, pretty, watching tennis on tv 24 Comments