MAYA ANGELOU ON LOVE
“Being someone’s first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect.”
Ella James and Pretty have nap in Little Mountain Park
IF YOU WANT MORE
- Henry Louis Gates, Jr.: these are his stories, these are his songs
- troubles in texas
- if the answer is a bridge too far, the question is what is a welcome diversion?
- This is Dedicated to the One I Love
- Down a Rabbit Hole Through the Looking Glass
- MLK Day in 2021
- yep – this is who we are
- comments closed…including my own
- the final new year
- from the prom to white christmas to 2021
- winter solstice, the great conjunction and k.t. oslin
- dear Santa, send boxing gloves
- cross over the bridge
- Happy Holidays! Clearance!
- Happy Birthday, Finn!
- 73,127 hits
Tag Archives: joe diffie
Last night Pretty came home from a trip to the upstate, sat in her favorite chair, started peeling shrimp from the low country for supper and mentioned we needed to be sure to go outside to view the Great Conjunction … Continue reading
“To those who stand on empty shores and spit against the wind and those who wait forever for ships that don’t come in.” Joe Diffie (d. 3-29-20) recorded these words written by Paul Nelson and Dave Gibson in 1992; I … Continue reading
Lordy, Lordy. I think I’ve just seen the green weenie, as my paternal grandmother used to say when she saw something so inexplicable she was at a loss for descriptive words. For example, if the preacher at the Richards Baptist Church … Continue reading