IF YOU WANT MORE
- find your happy place
- memory makers over Memorial Day
- I will be missing you, Tina Turner
- Calling All Lesbians – Time to Speak Out!
- Nana, is your birthday over yet?
- Prologue to I’ll Call It Like I See It Revisited
- Economics 101 Revisited
- Epilogue For Deep in the Heart Revisited
- and then there were these Mother’s Day Moments in 2023
- making fudge with my mother
- if not us, who? if not now, when?
- guns over children? american carnage
- the eyes of texas – and the rest of the world – are upon you
- one final birthday card – and gift
- you can cage the singer, but not the song – Harry Belafonte (1927 – 2023)
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: jurassic park
taken from this week’s headlines or last year’s or the years before
The nation’s attention is focused this week on the continuing trial of the man who murdered George Floyd last summer in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The impact of Mr. Floyd’s death lives on in the memories of the bystanders, police and most … Continue reading
Posted in Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, politics, racism, Reflections, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is Tagged bryan texas mass shooting, george floyd, gun control, jurassic park, militia, molly ivins, national rifle association, president joe biden, rock hill sc mass murder, second amendment, syndicate columnist, texas politics, trial of derek chauvin 7 Comments
Talking Guns with Texan Molly Ivins
I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults. – Molly Ivins (1944 – 2007) Although Molly Ivins was born in Monterrey, California in 1944, … Continue reading
Posted in Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, photography, politics, racism, Reflections, sexism, Slice of Life, sports, The Way Life Is Tagged bill clinton, civil libertarian, george dubya, gun control, humorist essays, jurassic park, militia, molly ivins, national rifle association, native texans, political humor, second amendment, syndicate columnist, texas politics, women's history month 9 Comments