IF YOU WANT MORE
- find your happy place
- memory makers over Memorial Day
- I will be missing you, Tina Turner
- Calling All Lesbians – Time to Speak Out!
- Nana, is your birthday over yet?
- Prologue to I’ll Call It Like I See It Revisited
- Economics 101 Revisited
- Epilogue For Deep in the Heart Revisited
- and then there were these Mother’s Day Moments in 2023
- making fudge with my mother
- if not us, who? if not now, when?
- guns over children? american carnage
- the eyes of texas – and the rest of the world – are upon you
- one final birthday card – and gift
- you can cage the singer, but not the song – Harry Belafonte (1927 – 2023)
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: kerry washington
from the prom to white christmas to 2021
Pretty and I began Christmas Day with a musical comedy called The Prom that started streaming on Netflix in December with a cast that featured three of our film favorites, Meryl Streep, Kerry Washington and Nicole Kidman. The movie got … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, politics, Reflections, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged beyonce, bing crosby, discrimination against queer community, edith head, inclusion, kerry washington, lesbian coming of age in 2020, meryl streep, nicole kidman, rosemary clooney, the prom movie in 2020, tina turner, vera-ellen, white christmas movie in 1954 13 Comments
time’s up according to Oprah, and I would never argue with her
Pretty and I are awards show junkies, and the Golden Globes starts our official 2018 preoccupation with pop culture. To be honest, Pretty is somewhat of the Queen of Pop at our house because I just can’t keep up with … Continue reading