IF YOU WANT MORE
- memory makers over Memorial Day
- I will be missing you, Tina Turner
- Calling All Lesbians – Time to Speak Out!
- Nana, is your birthday over yet?
- Prologue to I’ll Call It Like I See It Revisited
- Economics 101 Revisited
- Epilogue For Deep in the Heart Revisited
- and then there were these Mother’s Day Moments in 2023
- making fudge with my mother
- if not us, who? if not now, when?
- guns over children? american carnage
- the eyes of texas – and the rest of the world – are upon you
- one final birthday card – and gift
- you can cage the singer, but not the song – Harry Belafonte (1927 – 2023)
- and now I’m seven and seventy
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: master storytellers
you old storyteller, you
Ann Richards. Barbara Jordan. Stacey Abrams. Molly Ivins. Betha Day Morris. Ann, Barbara, Stacey, Molly and Betha shared a common gift, storytelling, honed from their various Texas influences. I call them the OGs of storytellers I would be happy to … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, Random, Reflections, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged ann richards, barbara jordan, betha morris, master storytellers, molly ivers, preface to deep in the heart: a memoir of love and longing, stacey abrams, storytelling, youtube videos 14 Comments
my paternal grandmother’s legacy was hilarious O.G.
my grandmother Ma’s birthday was today October 23, 1903 (d. May 28, 1983) My paternal grandmother I called Ma is the beaming woman second from the left in the middle row. That smile was directed at one of her grandchildren … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, photography, Reflections, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged allowance, dry cleaning, grandmothers and granddaughters, ice cream cone and coke for a nickel, libra, losing a child or grandchild, master storytellers, roasting the Baptist preacher, scorpio, texas women who were great storytellers 5 Comments