Join 1,993 other followers
In this house we Stand with Ukraine
IF YOU WANT MORE
- I dreamed that the Great Judgment Morning had dawned, but was it just a dream?
- from antiques to basketball via the Seminole Trail
- have you ever met a frog whisperer?
- Carport Kitty keeping cool – wherever
- the devil went down to Georgia? yeah, but he ended up in Florida
- Tina and Elvis
- kids say the darndest things (part 2)…
- you’re not allowed
- with sorrow we dissent
- Happy Pride! The B-E Collection
- Committed to Home – Happy Pride!
- Coeur d’Alene slogan: too great to hate
- Frances, Lee and Margaritas – love triangle for the ages
- a walk on the wild side with the OG a/k/a Bully Cat
- The In-Between Years
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: molly ivins
As the twenty-year anniversary of 09/11 approaches and as the US makes a chaotic messy devastating departure from Afghanistan, I struggle to connect two events I’ve witnessed with my own eyes. Maya Angelou’s poem On the Pulse of Morning offered … Continue reading
The nation’s attention is focused this week on the continuing trial of the man who murdered George Floyd last summer in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The impact of Mr. Floyd’s death lives on in the memories of the bystanders, police and most … Continue reading
I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults. – Molly Ivins (1944 – 2007) Although Molly Ivins was born in Monterrey, California in 1944, … Continue reading