Rachel Mankowitz describes the Jewish custom of sukkah as inviting our ancestors to eat with us in the holidays.
May this sukkah, vulnerable to sun and wind and rain, teach us that real peace comes not from an external structure, but from the strength of the community that gathers within.
MY TWO BEST GIRLS: PRETTY & OUR GRANDDAUGHTER ELLA
IF YOU WANT MORE
- grandmothers for a brighter future
- Nadal’s List of Unlucky Losers
- tis the season – not that season
- what a difference a year makes
- say her name: Breonna Taylor
- your protection has expired
- black women called “Mayor” from sea to shining sea
- breaking news: interview with a Mushy Middler
- Pride Day at the 2020 US Open!
- this country doesn’t love us back
- families first
- you are out of your lane
- the woman that changed my musical life
- when sorrows come, they come not single spies
- 66,757 hits
Tag Archives: oprah
The 2020 WNBA season consists of twelve teams living and playing together since July in the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida for a shortened 22-game schedule followed by the traditional playoff series that began on September 15th. The bizarre season … Continue reading
While Pretty was away doing constructive activities with her father and number one son Drew at his house across town this morning, I watched CBS Sunday Morning. Oprah’s Gayle who is also a CBS correspondent interviewed Tina Turner at her … Continue reading