IF YOU WANT MORE
- a case of mistaken identity
- Thanksgiving Dinner with Pretty – 2022
- where did I put that memory? ask Pretty
- thanksgiving is relative
- Grade for Republicans in Midterms: D
- gimme a break – no, seriously – time out?
- the ONE thing you’ve got going: your ONE vote – Shirley Chisholm (1924 – 2005)
- what is really on the line November 8th?
- the Urban Legend we called Carport Kitty was a Seeker
- Boo at the Zoo in 2022
- what do Tanya Tucker, Brandi Carlisle, Lizzo and Selena Gomez have to do with the 2022 mid-term elections?
- Zan, Zendegi, Azadi (Women, Life, Freedom)
- we must never come to this store again
- yesterday and today juxtaposed
- Rooted and Winged – poems by Luanne Castle
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: pandemic
She sat in her large recliner covered with worn blankets for extra warmth. She was shrunken with age and her spine was so curved by scoliosis she slumped down into the bowels of the chair. It seemed to swallow … Continue reading
Last night Pretty came home from a trip to the upstate, sat in her favorite chair, started peeling shrimp from the low country for supper and mentioned we needed to be sure to go outside to view the Great Conjunction … Continue reading
Pardon another interruption from politics and the pandemic – this piece was originally published in August, 2011. For sure not a current event, but in this time of disconnection from family and friends, I needed a reminder of the feelings … Continue reading
Yes, yes I know what you’re going to say. Why devote time and space to a sports event in the midst of a pandemic that continues to ravage the health and well being of millions of people across the globe? … Continue reading