IF YOU WANT MORE
- USA TODAY 2023 Women of the Year South Carolina Honoree: Dawn Staley
- Equal Pay Day 2023
- everything, everywhere all at once – Cardinal style
- ode to the Old Woman in the Shoe
- why I called it like I see it – yes, but are you still lazy?
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
- March Madness starts Women’s History Month for Pretty and me
- the good name of John Lewis, American patriot
- mind over memory
- in the beginning was the Tower
- Valentine’s Day murder at local grocery store called senseless
- a letter to our granddaughters about love
- waiting on the next thing smoking
- cool at the zoo
- Wanda came to a city near us!
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: PBS documentary
Henry Louis Gates, Jr.: these are his stories, these are his songs
“The church is the oldest, the most continuous and most important institution ever created by the African American people.” — Henry Louis Gates, Jr. told Jeffrey Brown of PBS in an interview about his new four hour two-part documentary The … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, politics, racism, Reflections, sexism, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged black church, black lives matter, domestic violence, ebenezer baptist church in atlanta, great gettin up morning, henry louis gates jr, homophobia, mother emanuel african methodist episcopal church in charleston, patrice turner, PBS documentary, praise house on st. helena island, rev clementa pinckney, ride on king jesus, sexism, this is our song 6 Comments