Rachel Mankowitz describes the Jewish custom of sukkah as inviting our ancestors to eat with us in the holidays.
May this sukkah, vulnerable to sun and wind and rain, teach us that real peace comes not from an external structure, but from the strength of the community that gathers within.
MY TWO BEST GIRLS: PRETTY & OUR GRANDDAUGHTER ELLA
IF YOU WANT MORE
- grandmothers for a brighter future
- Nadal’s List of Unlucky Losers
- tis the season – not that season
- what a difference a year makes
- say her name: Breonna Taylor
- your protection has expired
- black women called “Mayor” from sea to shining sea
- breaking news: interview with a Mushy Middler
- Pride Day at the 2020 US Open!
- this country doesn’t love us back
- families first
- you are out of your lane
- the woman that changed my musical life
- when sorrows come, they come not single spies
- 66,778 hits
Tag Archives: rafa nadal
Yes, yes I know what you’re going to say. Why devote time and space to a sports event in the midst of a pandemic that continues to ravage the health and well being of millions of people across the globe? … Continue reading
Canada has a new 19-year-old super star, Bianca Andreescu, who won the 2019 U.S. Open Women’s Championship in New York City this past Saturday. With that victory she became the first Canadian to win a grand slam singles title…ever. #SheTheNorth. … Continue reading
Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive…it’s a train, it’s a plane, it’s Super Manic Monday at Wimbledon tomorrow and my head will be spinning like one of those old antique tops that we recently sold at … Continue reading