“I WISH IT NEED NOT HAVE HAPPENED IN MY TIME,” SAID FRODO.
“SO DO I,” SAID GANDOLF, “AND SO DO ALL WHO LIVE TO SEE SUCH TIMES. BUT THAT IS NOT FOR THEM TO DECIDE. ALL WE HAVE TO DECIDE IS WHAT TO DO WITH THE TIME THAT IS GIVEN US.”
J.R.R. TOLKIEN, THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
IF YOU WANT MORE
- the horse you draw is the one you’ll ride
- our community lost a fighter who was also a good friend
- i heard dave chappelle say shut up, white women. was he talking to me?
- where am I now that I need me? why Peachtree Rock, of course!
- summertime and the living is, uh, not quite so easy as we’d thought originally
- have you heard the one about…
- from tinkering to transformation: the intersection of equal justice under the law
- a moment’s pause from the madness – enjoy!
- I can’t breathe
- notes of two native daughters, a native granddaughter, and a native daughter-in-law
- STOP KILLING US – a peaceful protest in Red Bank, South Carolina
- the murder of George Floyd in america – anger, fear, hatred, uprising
- how did Stella really get her groove back?
- a man of letters – prejudice by any other name is still prejudice
- Ella James, today is your NanaT’s birthday, and you are her greatest gift…
I’M HOLDING THE FUTURE
- 63,003 hits
Tag Archives: rafael nadal
For all my friends who heard the sad story of my throwing away 20 years of mine and Pretty’s movie ticket stubs when I came home from my knee replacement surgery in May, I have good news. I found the … Continue reading
The French have it all this week: 75th. Anniversary of the Allied invasion in WWII that began on the beaches in Normandy on June 06, 1944 (commonly referred to as D-Day); an American president on the continent who truly can’t … Continue reading
For tennis fans, when July rolls around, the sounds of tennis balls flying off rackets held by seasoned warriors or hopeful newcomers, tennis balls traveling through the air at record speeds or strategic spins, landing on immaculately prepared grass courts with awkward … Continue reading
The finals of the US Open tennis tournament in New York City earlier this month were bittersweet matches for me. Sweet because my all-time favorite tennis player Rafael Nadal from Spain won his second major tournament in 2017 on the … Continue reading
It’s a wrap. The first tennis Grand Slam of the 2017 season is officially in the books, and the hits just keep on rolling. The Williams Sisters share a private chat… while waiting to collect the spoils that belong only … Continue reading
If I could turn back ti-yahhhhhmmmme, as Cher famously sang, or if I could put time in a bottle, as Jim Croce once crooned, I’d have quite a few wishes involving the positioning of certain body parts and the lubrication … Continue reading
Thank goodness for T-E-N-N-I-S on TV – more specifically thank whatever stars there are for the first Major of the year…the Australian Open. I’m so happy for this distraction from weightier matters, including my own questionable New Year’s Resolutions that are … Continue reading