Join 1,993 other followers
In this house we Stand with Ukraine
IF YOU WANT MORE
- I dreamed that the Great Judgment Morning had dawned, but was it just a dream?
- from antiques to basketball via the Seminole Trail
- have you ever met a frog whisperer?
- Carport Kitty keeping cool – wherever
- the devil went down to Georgia? yeah, but he ended up in Florida
- Tina and Elvis
- kids say the darndest things (part 2)…
- you’re not allowed
- with sorrow we dissent
- Happy Pride! The B-E Collection
- Committed to Home – Happy Pride!
- Coeur d’Alene slogan: too great to hate
- Frances, Lee and Margaritas – love triangle for the ages
- a walk on the wild side with the OG a/k/a Bully Cat
- The In-Between Years
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: rafael nadal
For all my friends who heard the sad story of my throwing away 20 years of mine and Pretty’s movie ticket stubs when I came home from my knee replacement surgery in May, I have good news. I found the … Continue reading
The French have it all this week: 75th. Anniversary of the Allied invasion in WWII that began on the beaches in Normandy on June 06, 1944 (commonly referred to as D-Day); an American president on the continent who truly can’t … Continue reading
For tennis fans, when July rolls around, the sounds of tennis balls flying off rackets held by seasoned warriors or hopeful newcomers, tennis balls traveling through the air at record speeds or strategic spins, landing on immaculately prepared grass courts with awkward … Continue reading
The finals of the US Open tennis tournament in New York City earlier this month were bittersweet matches for me. Sweet because my all-time favorite tennis player Rafael Nadal from Spain won his second major tournament in 2017 on the … Continue reading
It’s a wrap. The first tennis Grand Slam of the 2017 season is officially in the books, and the hits just keep on rolling. The Williams Sisters share a private chat… while waiting to collect the spoils that belong only … Continue reading
If I could turn back ti-yahhhhhmmmme, as Cher famously sang, or if I could put time in a bottle, as Jim Croce once crooned, I’d have quite a few wishes involving the positioning of certain body parts and the lubrication … Continue reading
Thank goodness for T-E-N-N-I-S on TV – more specifically thank whatever stars there are for the first Major of the year…the Australian Open. I’m so happy for this distraction from weightier matters, including my own questionable New Year’s Resolutions that are … Continue reading