Rachel Mankowitz describes the Jewish custom of sukkah as inviting our ancestors to eat with us in the holidays.
May this sukkah, vulnerable to sun and wind and rain, teach us that real peace comes not from an external structure, but from the strength of the community that gathers within.
MY TWO BEST GIRLS: PRETTY & OUR GRANDDAUGHTER ELLA
IF YOU WANT MORE
- grandmothers for a brighter future
- Nadal’s List of Unlucky Losers
- tis the season – not that season
- what a difference a year makes
- say her name: Breonna Taylor
- your protection has expired
- black women called “Mayor” from sea to shining sea
- breaking news: interview with a Mushy Middler
- Pride Day at the 2020 US Open!
- this country doesn’t love us back
- families first
- you are out of your lane
- the woman that changed my musical life
- when sorrows come, they come not single spies
- 66,778 hits
Tag Archives: systemic racism
The United States Supreme Court ruled early yesterday morning that gay and transgender people are protected from workplace discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. I heard the actual Breaking News on my tv as I … Continue reading