IF YOU WANT MORE
- find your happy place
- memory makers over Memorial Day
- I will be missing you, Tina Turner
- Calling All Lesbians – Time to Speak Out!
- Nana, is your birthday over yet?
- Prologue to I’ll Call It Like I See It Revisited
- Economics 101 Revisited
- Epilogue For Deep in the Heart Revisited
- and then there were these Mother’s Day Moments in 2023
- making fudge with my mother
- if not us, who? if not now, when?
- guns over children? american carnage
- the eyes of texas – and the rest of the world – are upon you
- one final birthday card – and gift
- you can cage the singer, but not the song – Harry Belafonte (1927 – 2023)
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: tanya tucker
what do Tanya Tucker, Brandi Carlisle, Lizzo and Selena Gomez have to do with the 2022 mid-term elections?
Oh well, gosh, golly. Now that you mention it – nothing, unless you count the one vote thing in the upcoming elections on November 8th. Each one of these American singers has one vote in the election which is now … Continue reading
Posted in Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, politics, racism, Random, Reflections, sexism, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged brandi carlisle, democracy one vote one voice, gas prices gun crimes, headlines, inflation, lizzo, mid term elections on november 8th, restore Roe, selena gomez, tanya tucker 7 Comments
the woman that changed my musical life
From 2010 – 2014 Pretty and I were bi-stateual. For reasons involving my family, we bought a house on a picturesque street in a small town near the even smaller town where I grew up. We kept our home in … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, politics, racism, Random, Reflections, sexism, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is Tagged abba and mama mia, alexa, barbara mandrell, chicks' march march, city of new orleans, country legends, country when country wasn't cool, covid pandemic, darius rucker and hootie and the blowfish, delta dawn, dolly parton and hard candy christmas, orange blossom special, playlist, songs i love playlist, tanya tucker, wabash cannon ball 9 Comments
Short Side of Time
The merry month of May has come and almost gone and alas, I find my strolls through the park have been far and few between as my cousin Martin is fond of saying. Which is about as frequent as my … Continue reading
Posted in Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, Random, Reflections, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is Tagged AT&T U-Verse, barbara mandrell, city of new orleans, country legends, country when country wasn't cool, delta dawn, john conlee, orange blossom special, red's rants and raves, tanya tucker, wabash cannon ball 11 Comments