IF YOU WANT MORE
- USA TODAY 2023 Women of the Year South Carolina Honoree: Dawn Staley
- Equal Pay Day 2023
- everything, everywhere all at once – Cardinal style
- ode to the Old Woman in the Shoe
- why I called it like I see it – yes, but are you still lazy?
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
- March Madness starts Women’s History Month for Pretty and me
- the good name of John Lewis, American patriot
- mind over memory
- in the beginning was the Tower
- Valentine’s Day murder at local grocery store called senseless
- a letter to our granddaughters about love
- waiting on the next thing smoking
- cool at the zoo
- Wanda came to a city near us!
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: us open in 2017
game, set, match
For more than 20 years the burden of women’s tennis (oh for heaven’s sake go ahead and admit it men’s tennis, too) in the United States has been carried on the capable shoulders of Venus and Serena Williams. Following their … Continue reading
saying goodbye to good friends
Five year old Finn and his mother Saskia came for some pool time with Pretty last Sunday before they were to leave for the Netherlands on Tuesday. Dave the Dad was home packing for the trip and skipped the pool … Continue reading
Posted in Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, Reflections, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is Tagged goodbyes, the netherlands, us open in 2017 9 Comments
why do we need hurricanes to remind us what makes us better people?
The stories of bravery, compassion – heroism in the face of unimaginable adversity – have been captured by social media and more traditional TV coverage every minute of every day for the past week during Hurricane Harvey and its aftermath … Continue reading
Posted in Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, Reflections, sports, The Way Life Is Tagged charlottesville, dr martin luther king jr, hurricane harvey, labor day, us open in 2017 6 Comments