IF YOU WANT MORE
- USA TODAY 2023 Women of the Year South Carolina Honoree: Dawn Staley
- Equal Pay Day 2023
- everything, everywhere all at once – Cardinal style
- ode to the Old Woman in the Shoe
- why I called it like I see it – yes, but are you still lazy?
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
- March Madness starts Women’s History Month for Pretty and me
- the good name of John Lewis, American patriot
- mind over memory
- in the beginning was the Tower
- Valentine’s Day murder at local grocery store called senseless
- a letter to our granddaughters about love
- waiting on the next thing smoking
- cool at the zoo
- Wanda came to a city near us!
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: war in ukraine
a man of letters (8) – combat! January, 1945
In the summer of 2018, I published a series of letters my dad wrote during his life. I hadn’t read them since then, but sometimes the war in Europe jars my memories to an earlier war known as World War … Continue reading
just another war? don’t get used to it, please
Olena Zelenska is the wife of Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and during an exclusive interview with Robin Roberts on Good Morning America this week revealed what she wanted most from the United States: “Don’t get used to this war.” Point … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, politics, Reflections, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged gun violence, olena zelenska, us and soviet union in cold war, uvalde massacre, volodymyr zelenskyy, vote as if your life depends on it, vote to protect democracy, war in ukraine 2 Comments
leaving moon behind, but you’re still on my mind
Well, it’s Old Blue Monday my paternal grandmother Ma began her weekly letters to me while she sat on her little Singer sewing machine stool in front of the large window that gave her a view of her backyard. That … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, politics, Reflections, Slice of Life, sports, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged Gamecock women's basketball, macro worry to micro worry, morning moon, my paternal grandmother, old blue monday, pretty on day trip, rafael nadal in indian wells 2022 championship match, still on my mind by kt oslin, sweet 16 in greensboro region, war in ukraine 14 Comments