CONGRESSMAN JOHN LEWIS (1940 – 2020)
“HISTORY TELLS US THAT WE MUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP. THAT WE MUST NEVER EVER GIVE IN OR GIVE OUT. THAT WE MUST NOT GET LOST IN A SEA OF DESPAIR. THAT WE MUST ALL KEEP THE FAITH. THAT WE MUST KEEP OUR EYES ON THE PRIZE.”
IF YOU WANT MORE
- when sorrows come, they come not single spies
- nero fiddled while Rome burned, but who set the fire?
- second chances anyone?
- the good name of John Lewis, American patriot
- who has a secret?
- the horse you draw is the one you’ll ride
- our community lost a fighter who was also a good friend
- i heard dave chappelle say shut up, white women. was he talking to me?
- where am I now that I need me? why Peachtree Rock, of course!
- summertime and the living is, uh, not quite so easy as we’d thought originally
- have you heard the one about…
- from tinkering to transformation: the intersection of equal justice under the law
- a moment’s pause from the madness – enjoy!
- I can’t breathe
- notes of two native daughters, a native granddaughter, and a native daughter-in-law
I’M HOLDING THE FUTURE
- 63,789 hits
Tag Archives: World War I
Danger, danger, danger – where are our safe places, our safe people, our safe distances from our safe people in our safe places…to mask or not to mask, that is the question. But of course we are not the only … Continue reading
Last Sunday afternoon Teresa and Spike and I took advantage of the low humidity and spring-like weather that lasts about a minute in Columbia before we hit the days that make you feel like you could melt any second and … Continue reading