“I WISH IT NEED NOT HAVE HAPPENED IN MY TIME,” SAID FRODO.
“SO DO I,” SAID GANDOLF, “AND SO DO ALL WHO LIVE TO SEE SUCH TIMES. BUT THAT IS NOT FOR THEM TO DECIDE. ALL WE HAVE TO DECIDE IS WHAT TO DO WITH THE TIME THAT IS GIVEN US.”
J.R.R. TOLKIEN, THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
IF YOU WANT MORE
- the murder of George Floyd in america – anger, fear, hatred, uprising
- how did Stella really get her groove back?
- a man of letters – prejudice by any other name is still prejudice
- Ella James, today is your NanaT’s birthday, and you are her greatest gift…
- is this our fifth set – match point?
- different war, different century – same yearnings
- tis the season
- my heroes have always been cowboys, but…
- what’s in your wallet?
- dropkick me, Jesus
- i was the world in which i walked
- something old, something new – something special
- my recipe for a Happy Birthday!
- the anchor holds
- forty days milestone
I’M HOLDING THE FUTURE
- 60,832 hits
Tag Archives: World War I
Danger, danger, danger – where are our safe places, our safe people, our safe distances from our safe people in our safe places…to mask or not to mask, that is the question. But of course we are not the only … Continue reading
Last Sunday afternoon Teresa and Spike and I took advantage of the low humidity and spring-like weather that lasts about a minute in Columbia before we hit the days that make you feel like you could melt any second and … Continue reading