Stan Wawrinka won the 2016 Men’s Final at the US Open today in four sets after losing the first set in a tie-breaker. He appeared to get stronger each set as the match continued for nearly four hours. At 31 years and five months, he is the oldest man to win the US Open since Ken Rosewall in 1970. Congratulations to Stan for a thrilling match and a remarkable example of courage and determination!
IF YOU WANT MORE
- prejudice by any other name is still prejudice
- a man of letters (8) – combat! January, 1945
- BJU and Me: Queer Voices from the World’s Most Christian University
- never play this game after midnight
- it’s a simple matter of justice – remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- weekend specials popular at the Cardinal Cat Cafe
- the hideout – revisited on Friday the 13th., 2023
- Cardinal Cat Cafe
- 1/6 two year anniversary
- Bervin’s grandmother’s advice to K McCarthy
- human frailty, mendacity, and George Santos – plus pink boxing gloves
- last train from Gun Hill – and Ukraine
- twas the week before Christmas…
- I hope you dance
- a child’s question
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.