IF YOU WANT MORE
- Molly, Molly, how do I love thee?
- prejudice by any other name is still prejudice
- a man of letters (8) – combat! January, 1945
- BJU and Me: Queer Voices from the World’s Most Christian University
- never play this game after midnight
- it’s a simple matter of justice – remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- weekend specials popular at the Cardinal Cat Cafe
- the hideout – revisited on Friday the 13th., 2023
- Cardinal Cat Cafe
- 1/6 two year anniversary
- Bervin’s grandmother’s advice to K McCarthy
- human frailty, mendacity, and George Santos – plus pink boxing gloves
- last train from Gun Hill – and Ukraine
- twas the week before Christmas…
- I hope you dance
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Category Archives: Random
Happy Birthday to our granddaughter Molly Iris who is now one year old! (maternal grandmother Gigi laughs at Molly’s first cake experience) visiting pup Riley happy to make the party – but what’s up with no cake? Molly and her … Continue reading
If you only had two words to describe me, what would they be? I asked Pretty night before last when we were in bed and both still awake after midnight. The Australian Open began this week – the first Grand … Continue reading
excuse me, I’m new here, but are the specials usually this popular? ********************* Yes, they’re as popular as popcorn at the Gator Bowl. our three year old granddaughter Ella at her first football game!
“Hey, come look in the carport. You have a visitor – it’s a new cat I don’t recognize, and it’s sitting next to the food bowls. Come see if this cat is one of your regulars at the Cat Cafe,” … Continue reading
“History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.” —Maya Angelou Today, January 6th., is our day to remember the wrenching pain of watching the vicious attack on the US Capitol … Continue reading
A petite Black woman presiding over the sixth ballot to determine the new Speaker of the US House of Representatives hammered the gavel to close the count results late yesterday afternoon with GOP Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy unable to secure … Continue reading
“We all want life to be simple and our relationships to be enchanted, and then along comes human frailty. Before we know it, all will be lost,” said postmistress Dorcas Lane to Minnie her maid in one of my favorite … Continue reading
In 1959 when I was thirteen years old, my daddy decided unexpectedly to take my mama and me to a movie in Houston, Texas. This was HUGE for me because (1) my daddy never wanted to spend any money on … Continue reading
and all through the house just one creature was stirring, for sure not a mouse. The colorful papers were wrapped into shape by Pretty whose hands never made a mistake. Her gifts were bought with the greatest of care throughout … Continue reading