“I WISH IT NEED NOT HAVE HAPPENED IN MY TIME,” SAID FRODO.
“SO DO I,” SAID GANDOLF, “AND SO DO ALL WHO LIVE TO SEE SUCH TIMES. BUT THAT IS NOT FOR THEM TO DECIDE. ALL WE HAVE TO DECIDE IS WHAT TO DO WITH THE TIME THAT IS GIVEN US.”
J.R.R. TOLKIEN, THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
IF YOU WANT MORE
- a man of letters – prejudice by any other name is still prejudice
- Ella James, today is your NanaT’s birthday, and you are her greatest gift…
- is this our fifth set – match point?
- different war, different century – same yearnings
- tis the season
- my heroes have always been cowboys, but…
- what’s in your wallet?
- dropkick me, Jesus
- i was the world in which i walked
- something old, something new – something special
- my recipe for a Happy Birthday!
- the anchor holds
- forty days milestone
- learning new tricks from old dogs
- your so-called social security
I’M HOLDING THE FUTURE
- 60,668 hits
Tag Archives: happy new year
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life made its Netflix debut over the Thanksgiving weekend with much fanfare, hoopla and hype as the three leading actresses appeared on every talk show under the sun to promote the four-part mini-series that … Continue reading
Through the good and lean years and through all the in-between years…is a line from Frank Sinatra’s hit tune All the Way. I looked through the archives of my posts and saw that my final post of 2012 was a … Continue reading