“I WISH IT NEED NOT HAVE HAPPENED IN MY TIME,” SAID FRODO.
“SO DO I,” SAID GANDOLF, “AND SO DO ALL WHO LIVE TO SEE SUCH TIMES. BUT THAT IS NOT FOR THEM TO DECIDE. ALL WE HAVE TO DECIDE IS WHAT TO DO WITH THE TIME THAT IS GIVEN US.”
J.R.R. TOLKIEN, THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
IF YOU WANT MORE
- the murder of George Floyd in america – anger, fear, hatred, uprising
- how did Stella really get her groove back?
- a man of letters – prejudice by any other name is still prejudice
- Ella James, today is your NanaT’s birthday, and you are her greatest gift…
- is this our fifth set – match point?
- different war, different century – same yearnings
- tis the season
- my heroes have always been cowboys, but…
- what’s in your wallet?
- dropkick me, Jesus
- i was the world in which i walked
- something old, something new – something special
- my recipe for a Happy Birthday!
- the anchor holds
- forty days milestone
I’M HOLDING THE FUTURE
- 60,830 hits
Tag Archives: mother’s day
Danger, danger, danger – where are our safe places, our safe people, our safe distances from our safe people in our safe places…to mask or not to mask, that is the question. But of course we are not the only … Continue reading
Mom’s 80th in her church fellowship hall in Richmond, Texas Thank you to our mothers for giving us birth – not a small feat, sometimes done under the most difficult circumstances – thank you for your daily sacrifices made on … Continue reading
I wrote the following story in February, 2012; it was first published in my third book, I’ll Call It Like I See It, and was reprinted with my permission in an anthology entitled Mothers and Other Creatures. I think of these … Continue reading