IF YOU WANT MORE
- USA TODAY 2023 Women of the Year South Carolina Honoree: Dawn Staley
- Equal Pay Day 2023
- everything, everywhere all at once – Cardinal style
- ode to the Old Woman in the Shoe
- why I called it like I see it – yes, but are you still lazy?
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
- March Madness starts Women’s History Month for Pretty and me
- the good name of John Lewis, American patriot
- mind over memory
- in the beginning was the Tower
- Valentine’s Day murder at local grocery store called senseless
- a letter to our granddaughters about love
- waiting on the next thing smoking
- cool at the zoo
- Wanda came to a city near us!
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Tag Archives: swimming pool
i’m nobody, who are you?
I’m Nobody! Who are you? Are you Nobody, too? Then there’s a pair of us — don’t tell! They’d banish us, you know. How dreary to be somebody! How public, like a frog to tell your name the livelong day … Continue reading
Posted in family life, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, Reflections, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is, The Way Life Should Be Tagged emily dickinson poems, frogs, i'm nobody who are you, Poetry, pond in Texas, skimmer baskets in pool, summer heat, summer rains, summer thunderstorms, swimming pool 4 Comments
the water is your friend
As the panic overwhelmed me when I saw the water above my head, I could hear Pretty yelling Stand up! Stand up! My legs refused to cooperate…I tried to stand, but my wet feet kept sliding on the vinyl lining of our swimming pool. I … Continue reading
Posted in Humor, Lesbian Literary, Life, Personal, Reflections, Slice of Life, The Way Life Is Tagged drowning in shallow water, fear of water, swimming pool 25 Comments
all this water makes me very nervous
but Mama, why are you in all this water?
Posted in Life, Personal, photography Tagged dogs, swimming pool 16 Comments