what was 2020?
“There are years that ask questions, and years that answer.” Zora Neale Hurston
Ella James, we give thanks for you
IF YOU WANT MORE
- Happy Holidays! Clearance!
- Happy Birthday, Finn!
- the essence of giving thanks
- beware the ides of ancestry
- I’ll drink to them
- Matt Chisling, A Gay Man for All Seasons
- This is the Time
- Ella James is unhappy
- it’s going to be beautiful
- grandmothers for a brighter future
- Nadal’s List of Unlucky Losers
- tis the season – not that season
- what a difference a year makes
- say her name: Breonna Taylor
- 69,419 hits
Tag Archives: deep in the heart: a memoir of love and longing
“The oak trees were alive with color in the midst of the evergreens. Bright red and yellow leaves catching the sunlight as Daddy and I walked through the brush on this Thanksgiving morning. The smell of the pines was fresh … Continue reading
“The oak trees were alive with color in the midst of the evergreens. Bright red and yellow leaves catching the sunlight as Daddy and I walked through the brush. The smell of the pines was fresh and all around us. … Continue reading
“I love this book,” my eighty-three-year-old mother says, startling me awake from my nap with her words. I had drifted off while sitting in the dark blue recliner in her room in the memory care unit of the assisted living facility … Continue reading