MAYA ANGELOU ON LOVE
“Being someone’s first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect.”
Ella James and Pretty have nap in Little Mountain Park
IF YOU WANT MORE
- Henry Louis Gates, Jr.: these are his stories, these are his songs
- troubles in texas
- if the answer is a bridge too far, the question is what is a welcome diversion?
- This is Dedicated to the One I Love
- Down a Rabbit Hole Through the Looking Glass
- MLK Day in 2021
- yep – this is who we are
- comments closed…including my own
- the final new year
- from the prom to white christmas to 2021
- winter solstice, the great conjunction and k.t. oslin
- dear Santa, send boxing gloves
- cross over the bridge
- Happy Holidays! Clearance!
- Happy Birthday, Finn!
- 73,097 hits
Tag Archives: deep in the heart: a memoir of love and longing
“The oak trees were alive with color in the midst of the evergreens. Bright red and yellow leaves catching the sunlight as Daddy and I walked through the brush on this Thanksgiving morning. The smell of the pines was fresh … Continue reading
“The oak trees were alive with color in the midst of the evergreens. Bright red and yellow leaves catching the sunlight as Daddy and I walked through the brush. The smell of the pines was fresh and all around us. … Continue reading
“I love this book,” my eighty-three-year-old mother says, startling me awake from my nap with her words. I had drifted off while sitting in the dark blue recliner in her room in the memory care unit of the assisted living facility … Continue reading