It’s surprisingly easy to drive a thousand miles from Montgomery, Texas to Columbia, South Carolina. Two days on the road with a nine-hour break in a comfy motel bed. The roads are good but we share them with many travelers who join us in driving from here to there to wherever. Truck drivers pulling heavy loads remind me of the burdens I’ve carried for many years so I like to see the eighteen-wheelers as they struggle to make a hill but cruise on down the road once they reach the crest. I feel I’ve reached the top of an incredibly high hill in my life at this moment and can finally begin to coast on the other side. The responsibilities and pressures I’ve owned for so long are pieces falling from my truck bed into ditches along the way. They fly out and float and vanish as they hit the ground.
SHARICE DAVIDS (D-KS)
A UNIQUE VOICE IN CONGRESS WHO NEEDS SUPPORT TO BE RE-ELECTED IN 2022.
SHARICE FOR CONGRESS.COM
Pretty and our granddaughter in Charleston Harbor
IF YOU WANT MORE
- Imagine. Dream. Believe. Always.
- going for gold in an inferno of sand in Tokyo while America burns and Europe floods
- from black magic vaccines to Wimbledon wizardry
- 01/06/21 Just Another Normal Group of Tourists?
- unfinished business: a man of letters
- Committed to Home – with Pride
- remembering Harvey Milk with Pride
- in the event you missed the news today
- 54 Quotes from 46 People
- Happy Birthday to the Queen of my Heart
- leaving on a jet plane – returning with a rough landing
- burn them calories
- guilty, guilty, guilty
- taken from this week’s headlines or last year’s or the years before
- 76,842 hits