It’s surprisingly easy to drive a thousand miles from Montgomery, Texas to Columbia, South Carolina. Two days on the road with a nine-hour break in a comfy motel bed. The roads are good but we share them with many travelers who join us in driving from here to there to wherever. Truck drivers pulling heavy loads remind me of the burdens I’ve carried for many years so I like to see the eighteen-wheelers as they struggle to make a hill but cruise on down the road once they reach the crest. I feel I’ve reached the top of an incredibly high hill in my life at this moment and can finally begin to coast on the other side. The responsibilities and pressures I’ve owned for so long are pieces falling from my truck bed into ditches along the way. They fly out and float and vanish as they hit the ground.
MAYA ANGELOU ON LOVE
“Being someone’s first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect.”
Ella James and Pretty have nap in Little Mountain Park
IF YOU WANT MORE
- Henry Louis Gates, Jr.: these are his stories, these are his songs
- troubles in texas
- if the answer is a bridge too far, the question is what is a welcome diversion?
- This is Dedicated to the One I Love
- Down a Rabbit Hole Through the Looking Glass
- MLK Day in 2021
- yep – this is who we are
- comments closed…including my own
- the final new year
- from the prom to white christmas to 2021
- winter solstice, the great conjunction and k.t. oslin
- dear Santa, send boxing gloves
- cross over the bridge
- Happy Holidays! Clearance!
- Happy Birthday, Finn!
- 73,105 hits