Join 2,001 other followers
In this house we Stand with Ukraine
IF YOU WANT MORE
- what’s scarier? Halloween or the MID-TERMS?
- who’s (what’s) to blame for microwave disaster?
- changing of the guard in Queens (New York, that is)
- Eloise Robinson Powell was a woman of substance
- setting boundaries with Molly
- Serena Wins!
- 2022: the Year in Review (well, so far)
- Dimples, Butch, Buttercup, Sissy… Sissy?
- if you’re a lesbian on the back side of thirty, the short side of time – speak now or forever hold your regret
- Pretty’s advice to her younger self
- Carport Kitty is our Guard Cat
- I dreamed that the Great Judgment Morning had dawned, but was it just a dream?
- from antiques to basketball via the Seminole Trail
- have you ever met a frog whisperer?
- Carport Kitty keeping cool – wherever
Flannery O'Connor answered the mystery for me of why I write?
I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
Category Archives: politics
Do you have our Boo at the Zoo tickets yet? Pretty called to me from her chair in the den last night while I struggled to catch up on a sea of emails in my office.This past weekend was Laver … Continue reading
Let’s rap. Two thousand twenty-two, I’m worried now ’bout you. You’re two-thirds done and not too fun. so where the heck have you gone? (rhythm band in background doing their best to find one) A new war in Ukraine with … Continue reading
Whenever someone asks me what I’m writing, I feel a fleeting twinge of guilty laziness for saying I continue to blog – no new book of essays, no great American novel, no legacy book for my granddaughters. This is me … Continue reading
if you’re a lesbian on the back side of thirty, the short side of time – speak now or forever hold your regret
Greetings to all my friends in cyberspace, Forgive this commercial interruption intended for my lesbian sisters who I hope will stop for a moment, look at the B-E Collection website and then volunteer to speak out about our experiences not … Continue reading
My daddy led the music in the tiny Richards Baptist Church where I was saved from my sins at the ripe old age of nine. The preacher who baptized me that summer had a brief explanation of faith and God’s … Continue reading
US highway 29 a/k/a Seminole Trail in parts of Virginia – antiques galore for Pretty to explore Pretty and me leaving Jefferson’s Monticello (photo by Susan Moore-Cooke) Pretty in DC at Old Ebbitt Grill established in 1856 While Pretty collects … Continue reading
“The devil went down to Georgia, he was lookin’ for a soul to steal he was in a bind ’cause he was way behind and he was willin’ to make a deal” No disrespect to the lyrics of this popular … Continue reading
AP photo Rally at South Carolina State House in Columbia June 28, 2022 As Yogi Berra once said, it was deja vu all over again. As I stood with my sisters on the lobby floor, I looked straight up to … Continue reading
“People Vs Supreme Court (The Sonnet) When the Supreme Court behaves prehistoric,Every human must become an activist.When the gatekeepers of law behave barbarian,Every civilian must come down to the street.When people are stripped of their basic rights,By some bigoted and … Continue reading